Easier Path to PR for International Master’s and PhD Students

En news 配图 12

Starting from February 15, 2024, it has become easier for international students in Canada to obtain permanent residency (PR) after completing their master’s or PhD degrees.

The key change? The Canadian Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has implemented a new policy that grants all international students who complete a master’s degree at a designated learning institution (DLI) a three-year Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), regardless of the duration of their studies.

This change provides master’s and PhD graduates with additional time to gain valuable work experience in Canada, which is highly beneficial for future permanent residency applications.

Plus, did you know? Holding a master’s or PhD can earn you the highest scores for education under Express Entry’s CRS system. More points increase your chances of receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canadian PR.

Moreover, most provinces have PNP streams tailored for grads, expanding your immigration options.

Thinking about studying in Canada? Now’s a great time to plan your future here!

Get Free Immigration Consultation
Share Post